The Mission of Bross Center for Learning is to advocate for and address the educational, behavioral and functional well-being of children across the Greater Cincinnati region.
Bross Center for Learning will be the model learning center for children who need an indivialized education that capitalizes on their strengths while also addressing their social emotional health and well-being.
About Bross Center
1. Integrity. We are committed to our words by action. We are accountable to the families we serve, our staff and the community at large. For us, honesty is not just the best option — it’s the only option.
2. Excellence. We are committed to the highest quality of teaching and leadership utilizing research based methods, a holistic approach to services and well-informed decisions.
3. Inclusiveness. We are committed to actively cultivating a welcoming and inclusive environment. Valuing and encouraging diverse ideas from many sources results in not only in a more well-rounded learning experience, but more importantly, in ensuring all youth and families feel valued and respected.
4. Potential. We are committed to helping every youth realize their potential as healthy, contributing members of Greater Cincinnati and beyond.
5. Innovation. We are committed to connecting academic lessons to real world experiences. Through our personal insights, experiences, learnings, and understandings, we will implement effective solutions to challenges and continuously identify opportunities for improvement among our leadership, teachers and tutors.
6. Collaboration. We are committed to collaborating with others, coming from a place of respect and generosity, honoring different opinions and hoping they will do the same. We model support for one another and celebrate our successes.
Jennifer has been a school psychologist for 12 years and has worked in public schools as well as private and charter school settings. Jennifer attained her intervention specialist coursework through Miami University’s Alternative Educator Licensure in 2010. Jennifer and her husband, Marty, formed Bross Center as a way to meet the needs of children and their families in Cincinnati.
Jill McDonough, M.Ed
Jill has worked as an intervention specialist for 25 years in public school settings, private university and clinical settings, as well as private 1:1 sessions with children, teens and adults. Jill attained a Bachelors Degree in Speech, Language, and Hearing Disabilities from St. John’s University in New York. Jill possesses a wealth of knowledge in children with special needs and specializes in behavior and language development.
Mariclare Daughton, MA
General Education Teacher, K-6
Mariclare has worked as a general education teacher for over 30 years in public and private school settings. Mariclare has tutored children individually and in small groups in addition to her classroom instruction experience. Mariclare specializes in core academic subject instruction including reading fluency, comprehension, written expression, and mathematics.
In addition to center leaders, professional staff consists of licensed intervention specialists, licensed general education teachers, school psychologist and support staff with public and private school experience.